Off-Road Modifications: 3 Ways to Get Started Today
You can always add off-road modifications to take your Toyota 4Runner, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, or other 4×4 vehicles to the next level. And when it comes to 4×4 upgrades in Martinez, CA, Outlander Motorsports is your best provider.
As experts, we are often asked how to get started with 4×4 upgrades for more rock-crushing, mud-slinging fun. We’ve outlined three of the easiest ways to do that.
1. OFF-ROAD TIRES
One of the first places for starting off-road modifications is with tires. As the only part of your 4×4 designed to make contact with the road, your tires are essential.
The experts at Outlander Motorsports offer a vast range of the best tires for off-roading. Generally, here are the primary types of tires serving as the best off-road upgrades:
- All-terrain tires: perfect for flexible driving. They perform well for the 9-5er and the weekend warrior. Because they’re designed to master different road conditions, these tires work well in snowy, muddy, gravel, and sandy conditions. They are the best upgrades for the occasional off-roader.
- Mud-terrain tires: designed with wider channels and blocks than all-terrain tires. Such features will empower you to make light work of inhospitable terrain. These tires are perfect for the more rigorous off-road warrior.
- Sand tires: uniquely engineered for mastering large dunes. These tires differ from all-terrain and mud tires because of their paddle-style design. Such a feature will help you float on sandier terrain without sinking.
Are you looking to choose the best tires? The team at Outlander Motorsports in Martinez, CA can guide you through the process.
2. 4X4 SUSPENSION
If you’re venturing off the well-beaten path, upgrading your suspension is a must-have. In fact, suspension as an off-road modification is typically one of drivers’ first steps to improve their capabilities.
As a bonus, swapping the stock suspension for a more rigorously-designed one will give you a new, more aggressive look.
Here’s why: most traditional suspension hardware is only tested for street use. However, aftermarket suspension manufacturers make the best off-road upgrades that deliver enhanced capabilities.
At Outlander Motorsports in Martinez, CA, we offer a vast range of upgraded suspensions. We specialize in matching your unique needs and budget to the best off-road modifications.
3. BODY ARMOR
One of the most overlooked off-road modifications is body armor or body protection. Overlooking this modification can be done at your peril.
While body armor may not be as beneficial if you’re only looking for aesthetic value, you run the risk of damaging your vehicle anytime you’re adventuring over dangerous terrain. This is why body armor is paramount.
Popular examples of body armor modifications include:
- Underbody skid plates (to protect the engine and suspension system)
- Bull bar or brush guards (to protect the front end of your ride)
- Rear bumper
Contact Outlander Motorsports for the Best Off-Road Upgrades & Customizations
While installing off-road modifications is the first step, it’s equally important to service and maintain those upgrades. Fortunately, Outlander Motorsports in Martinez, CA can help.
We specialize in installing off-road modifications and offering 4×4 preventative maintenance. Whether changing fluids on gearboxes, realignment, retorquing, or anything else, Outlander Motorsports is your one-stop shop in Martinez, CA.
Call us at 925-839-4144. Or you can stop by to see us in person at 1424 Shell Ave, Suite D, Martinez, CA 94553.